This one hour ride is ideal for families with children looking for that first enjoyable horseback experience. The ride follows our well-maintained trails through our ranch setting. Ride through private open ranch roads with scenic views of our six-generation family ranch, including agricultural fields, rolling hills, and open pastures. Children must be ages 7 and up. A memorable Colorado family experience. Note – Although the minimum age is 7 years old our staff may determine that a child is not able to safely participate. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult from their own party.
This trip is only offered Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day,
for dates before or after that check out our 2 Hour Horseback Ride.
- Any riders under 18 must be accompanied by an adult on the ride
- Minimum 2 riders, Maximum of 16 per group
- Helmets will be provided
- Guests should wear long pants and closed-toe shoes (NO sandals or flip-flops)
- Check-in time is 45 minutes prior to tour time
- No bags, backpacks, or fanny packs allowed on horses
- Waivers must be signed and understood by all riders
- Maximum weight restriction of 270 pounds
- If you cannot safely ride or if your size/weight compromises the soundness of the horse you will not be able to ride. This determination is made at the sole discretion of our staff and is on a case by case basis. This determination is ultimately made for the safety of both our guests and our horses
- Children must be a minimum of 42″ tall, be able to follow directions, and control their horse
- Due to our concern with the risk to your child’s safety, we do not offer any double riding