Public Health Order Explained
As of June 1st we are in the Blue Square Phase and we will follow the guidelines that are issued by the County.
Eagle County Public Health recently announced a new order that will transition our community through three phases of recovery from COVID-19. Social distancing will be required throughout the entire process until all health orders are lifted.
Green Circle Phase, gatherings of up to 10 people
Blue Square Phase, gatherings of up to 25-50 people
Black Diamond Phase, gatherings of up to 250 people
When these phases are complete and all health benchmarks have been achieved, Eagle County will enter a final phase where all special public health orders and limitations on gathering sizes will be lifted. Eagle County has not guaranteed a specific timeline for achieving all three phases of the order because each new phase is only triggered by the successful completion of the previous phase.
Our Commitment to Containment
Any facility or program that opens during the colored phases will still have social distancing requirements in place, and we will expect the following “Five Commitments of Containment” from all staff and guests:
- I will maintain six feet of social distance when ever possible.
- I will wash/sanitize my hands often.
- I will cover my face in public places.
- I will stay home when I am sick.
- I will get tested immediately if I show any symptoms.
Our staff will also be required to undergo health screening each time they come to work, and will be sent home if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
Our Commitment to Everyone’s Health
- Lakota will provide a no contact check-in for guests when possible.
- Check-in times are assigned to each group to limit overlap with other guests arriving and departing from activities.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available for use throughout the facility and bathrooms will have ample soap for hand washing.
- All restrooms, touch screens, changing rooms, handles, and high contact areas will be cleaned and sanitized after each tour departs and returns.
- Signage at entry doors will display procedures to explain the movement of guests through our facilities and will be managed by our staff.
- Guests will sign digital waivers when appropriate to eliminate contact.
- Social distancing floor markers will be provided throughout our facility to assist guests in their efforts to give others the appropriate amount of space.
- Lakota will use guidelines set forth by Eagle County Public Order.
- In the initial phase, we are only allowed a carrying capacity of 50% and will adjust according to County updates.
- Hand sanitizer will be offered in every vehicle and guests should use when entering.
- Employees will wear face coverings and guests will be encouraged to do the same.
- Windows will remain open during transport.
- All surfaces including seats, windows, and side panels will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- All rafting equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after every trip. This includes but not limited to life jackets, wetsuits, helmets, splash jackets and paddles.
- The guest per boat average (16′) is roughly 8 or less +1 guide for groups from the same household while non-household members is 6 for the maximum.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC and listed on their website. Hand
sanitizer will be available where hand washing may not be.