Your safety is our number one concern here at Lakota Guides. We do reserve the right at anytime to not rent equipment if we are concerned where safety may be compromised. If you have any hesitation, please feel free to talk it over with our knowledgable staff regarding places to venture or perhaps joining us on a commercial trip. We also offer instruction on rowing oar boats and paddle boats. Those who take any of our courses are eligible for rental and purchase discounts.
Steps for renting rafts and river equipment:
- Fill out our Rental Inquiry form.
- We’ll follow up by email and/or a phone call to help answer any questions you may have.
- We’ll generate a Rental Quote based on the information that you have provided and email for you to review. Simply follow the link CONFIRM RESERVATION and it will take you to our website to complete the reservation.
- Your credit card will be held on file as a deposit against loss or damage.
- You are required to sign a Waiver while using the equipment.
- All equipment rented shall be inspected by both the renter and Lakota Guides staff. Please be observant and make any notations of damage on the check-out agreement.
- When you return the equipment please be sure that it’s clean. Rolled rafts will be inflated and inspected. A $25/hr cleaning fee will be charged if not. Cleaning fee apply to trailers if covered with mud (dust is expected).
- Groover rentals do not include disposal, you’ll have two options. Easily go to any RV dump site and appropriately clean it with the supplied equipment. Dump station charges are anywhere from FREE to $20 (ask we know where they are) or you can pay us $100 to do it.
- Equipment is due back by 7pm. If you’re late, there is a an additional day rental on all equipment. If a problem occurs call our office before 7pm to avoid any unnecessary charges.
- When we are checking back in the equipment, we are reviewing it for any damage or missing parts. If something is lost or missing, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 100% OF THE RETAIL COST. We will charge your credit card at that time. If damage that is repairable, we will determine the cost of the repairs within a reasonable amount of time and discuss this with you. Your credit card on-file will then be charged for the repairs.
- Recovery of lost raft (example: a wrapped raft) will incur additional charges on top of repair or retail cost. Recovery fees are $225 per hour.
Be sure to allow sufficient time for checking out/in equipment as we need to insure everything is in working order and clean. Also we want you to feel comfortable with your rentals. We are more than happy to help make adjustments here at our shop for anything such as oar tower placement, oar stopper placement, bay adjustments for personal coolers, etc.
**Be sure to raft within your ability.**