Rafting Adventure Preparation
We provide one-of-a-kind memories with your safety in mind. We’re confident you’ll find an adventure that will exceed your expectations. We look forward to meeting you and sharing an area where we are so lucky to live, work, and play.
We’ll send you a comprehensive list to help you prepare for your adventure in your confirmation email.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Check in time for our adventures is listed under your specific rafting trip.
- We will provide you with a paddle, life jacket (PFD), and helmet. Helmets are only required on some adventures. Wetsuits are required for some early and late season trips as well as other times based on weather conditions. Wetsuits are available to rent from our office. Our staff will recommend what is appropriate. Conditions can be highly variable in Colorado.
- We recommend a bathing suit or shorts and sneakers or river sandals. Wool socks and polypropylene long underwear or fleece will add comfort on cool days. Cotton does not dry and you will be cold if you wear it on the river. We have plenty of cool weather wetsuits, booties and spray tops which are available to rent from our office. These will make you more comfortable and we’ll let you know when you need them. Leave a towel, a warm dry change of clothes (including socks), shoes and underwear for post-trip changing at the base.
- We sell inexpensive, river accessories for your phones, cameras and glasses. Occasionally we have a professionally produced video. We have a slide presentation after the trip every day, no matter what the group size. Prints and videos available for purchase.
- A detailed and entertaining safety orientation precedes all trips.
- Our river lunch includes a vegetarian option with your selection made prior to trip check-in. Lunch is only provide on full day adventures.
- The minimum recommended ages change depending on river flow and conditions. Adventure river trips and family floats are based on a minimum weight of 30 lbs.
- Our guides are professionals and work hard to give you an experience you won’t soon forget. The price of all guided activities and instructional sessions does not include a gratuity. Gratuities are greatly appreciated and appropriate when exceptional service is provided.
Rafting Trip Preparation Tips
- Sunscreen. We recommend at least SPF 30 and make sure it’s waterproof!
- Sunglasses. While you might not want to bring your favorite and most expensive pair (in case they end up in the water), you will want protection for your eyes. The sun off the water can produce quite a glare. Attaching “Croakies” or a string to your sunglasses is also a good idea.
- Water bottle. With the excitement and activity, you are bound to break a sweat, so be sure to stay hydrated during the trip.
- Wetsuit or paddling jacket. These items are suggested for when the weather begins to turn and it gets cold. We have them available to rent from our office.
- Water shoes. Your feet are going to get wet. Guests should enter the raft with shoes or sandals that can get wet and will stay on your feet. We recommend rubber soled water shoes or sandals with Velcro.
- Camera or Phone . If you’re interested in capturing the moments of your Colorado whitewater rafting trip on camera, be sure you bring your waterproof camera.
- A good attitude. Whitewater rafting takes a group effort from everyone in the raft and you will be an important part of a successful trip. Your attitude and willingness to be part of a team will be important to making sure everyone enjoys their experience.
If you have any questions about any of the items on the list or any questions about whitewater rafting in Colorado, please give us a call. We are always ready to help. Call us at 1-970-845-7238
Deposits, Refunds and the Fine Print
- We reserve the right to cancel trips, switch rivers, and change itineraries due to weather, water flow, and our professional discretion. Please know that we will communicate these changes to the best of our ability to ensure our customers can prepare appropriately. We have been rafting for 30 years and have rafted almost every single day as scheduled!
- A credit card is required when the reservation is made. We will take a credit card payment at the time of the reservation and we will send you a copy of your receipt. We can also take deposit payments individually from more than one person in a group and apply and itemize that payment toward the reservation.
- For reservations made within 2 days of the trip date we require full payment when the reservation is made. All reservations confirmed with a deposit will receive our full confirmation literature. Rafting trips are in high demand and we enforce a strict cancellation policy. If we receive cancellation 3 or more days prior to the trip date, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the trip departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellation Fee: full price of the trip.
- ON RISK: Although we have an excellent safety record, our trips and activities are not without risk.. It should be recognized that accidents can and do occur. All adventure participants must sign an Assumption of Risk and Agreement to Participate form, before participating in any activity with Adventure Outdoors LLC. We reserve the right to switch rivers or locations if water, s or weather conditions merit a change. All of our activities run rain, snow, or shine.
- Finally, a few rules: Alcohol consumption is prohibited prior to and during trips.
Rafting provides everyone with an exciting getaway, for both those looking for scenic floats and those thrill-seekers looking for the adrenaline fix they’ve been looking for. With so many options, it’s hard to decide which trip to choose! Our staff is available to answer any questions and to help you decide which trip is the best option for you.